"Hi Lauren, I think we met at Filmmakers couple of months ago... I don't recognize you from the photo but not many filmmakers in Pgh speak MOngolian so I assume it's you:) I'll be filming at an organic farm on Wed. There is a drilling…"
"Yes! I've been meaning to contact you. You're working on the doc about fracking, right? I'm still not sure what my plans are, but it would be fun to tag along. These projects are always more fun with a partner.
(I had blond hair when…"
I have a few very different ideas of what to film for 12-12-12...
1) I would like to follow an 84 year old man who has been making high-end custom lights for his entire life. His workshop is a warehouse full of hundreds of hanging lamps that have been salvaged from antique shops, thrift stores, dumps, and estate sales over the years. Some chandeliers are worth $60,000, others are $200... he's a true craftsman and I'd like to talk about his work, his relationship to art and his life while following him on 12-12-12
2) Ever Wednesday night for the past 25 years, the Pittsburgh Banjo Club meets at an Elks Lodge to practice. The group features a couple dozen banjo players (12-70 year old) and a few horn players. They mostly play old-time and 1940s music. The audience is a cool mix of elderly people (a lot of veterans) and young hipsters. The scene is authentic and a unique mix of two groups that would probably never interact otherwise.
3) Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa is playing a concert in his hometown that night. I could potentially get backstage with him and maybe film the audience
4) The City of Asylum in Pittsburgh offers a 2 year residency to writers from other nations seeking refuge in the United States. The current author is a man named Israel Centeno from Venezuela - would like to interview him and follow him for a day
5) One of the biggest issues in Western PA right now is the Fracking (Natural Gas) Industry - it's both an economic boon to a depressed region and a potentially very serious environmental issue. I would like to follow either the people drilling for natural gas or a family that is being affected negatively by it.
Hi Lauren, I think we met at Filmmakers couple of months ago... I don't recognize you from the photo but not many filmmakers in Pgh speak MOngolian so I assume it's you:) I'll be filming at an organic farm on Wed. There is a drilling pad at her neighbor's farm, and might be on her farm in the future too.
No comments yet!
My One Day on Earth Videos
This Ning App is not visible to members on the Main page.