1. Who are you and what is your profession?
I am Ryan Maxey. Filmmaker.
2. Can you tell us a little about your background and upbringing?
I grew up in northern California. Moved to L.A. to go to school. Thought that I would leave upon graduating, never to return. But after roaming around a bit, I returned. Then I fell in love with this city and I'm so happy to be an adopted Angelino.
3. What inspired you to become a filmmaker?
When I first borrowed my dad's video camera at age 14, I had a good time. Then I noticed that every time I picked up a camera and made something, I kept on having a good time. So I haven't stopped.
4. Who or what do you most admire?
Creative people who can't stop creating. And loving people who can't stop loving. Smart people. And funny people.
5. What do you love about Los Angeles?
I love Los Angeles' cultural expanse. Its many lives. Its potential. And the people who are fighting for its future, despite its faults and frustrations.
6. What do you fear most for Los Angeles?
7. What do you hope for Los Angeles in the next 20 years?