We are so super excited to welcome Crista on to our One Day In New Orleans team!
1. Who are you and what is your profession?
I'm Crista Rock. I'm a Photojournalist/Filmmaker/Editor/Producer.
2. Can you tell us a little about your background and upbringing?
I was born on a garden center in Cleveland, Ohio. I started shooting at 5 years old. Graduated high school at 16. Worked several small movies in Ohio and at EDR studios as a stage manager. At 23, I packed up and moved to NOLA and took a job as a Photojournalist at WDSU. After 8 years as a photojournalist, I started my own production company.
3. What inspired you to become a filmmaker
I've always.. just.. been a filmmaker.
4. Who or what do you most admire?
I don't ever correctly answer this question. I find inspiration in the earth more than anyone or person.
5. What do you love about New Orleans?
This city breathes life and beauty. It is the stink in the air and the way too hot summers that make it perfectly unbearable sometimes. It makes me remember why I love to hate it.
6. What do you fear most for New Orleans?
Everyone will discover what I found. It's supposed to be my secret!