This is a great opportunity to play on the eventual soundtrack of our series.
One Day On Earth has a history of incorporating music recorded on the day of our filming events into our final films. Please watch the samples and read the directions below to figure out how to participate in this unique collaboration. Here is some important information on how to participate:
- People in all 11 cities will be participating. If you can record in a recognizable place, it will enhance the visual effect of the edit (not required).
- Professional video equipment is not required. We suggest focusing on getting good audio levels as this is about the music first!
- If you can, record instruments separately.
- Use headphones! We don't want to hear your guide tracks ;-)
- Upload your video submissions of your best takes after the shoot date. Make sure you tag your video as "Music"
- We will post all stems to Soundcloud so the mash-up is open to all who participate with credit.
This Land is Your Land
by Woody Guthrie
With varied tempo's
then varied tempo's we suggest:
Play any song you like! but with shared BPM of 100 and key of C major.
Here's a click track to help:
It will be great to hear and share them.
Let it rip we will mix them up based on BPM and the key below.
The Band Played On
For Jazz Players to rip it up on.
Feel free to jazz it up and get expressive like the link below.
G sharpe Major
Here's some great samples of previous music Collaborations from the past:
Check out this great mash-up from 2010.
Now in 2014 we plan to do something similar to "Playing For Change"
Check out One Day in NYC on the cover of Metro! Full story here, or pick up a copy today!
One Day in NYC collaboration and meet-up (come thirsty!)
On April 26th, 2014 - Thousands of filmmakers in cities across the country will participate in an historic day of media creation. Together we will create a document that investigates our American Cities - what we love about them; what we need to fix about them; and how we can come together to create a better metropolitan future.